This day tour departs & ends in Arusha or Moshi Tanzania.
This day hike follows the Marangu Route Kilimanjaro region, the easiest and shortest route to reach the summit of Kilimanjaro. Marangu village is located at the height of around 1300m (4300ft) above sea level, it is set within an exciting and impressive landscape of high rises and deep valleys, covered by tropical rain forest.
Marangu Village Tour
Our day trips include number of Cultural Tourism Programs in which visitors are taken by a local guide to meet villagers and understand their traditional way of life whereby set up with the assistance of Zorilla Safaris and Treks.
Marangu is a large village located on the lower slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro. Marangu is a lively market town with a cool climate. The location of the town makes it an ideal starting point for hiking.
At the base of Mt Kilimanjaro, surrounded by lush landscapes, lie hidden waterfalls. After a short drive of about 45mins in a private car to one on the most popular waterfall sites, “Marangu Waterfalls”, it is possible to explore the forest and discover the waterfalls on foot.
The “Marangu Waterfalls” is located on the slope of Mt. Kilimanjaro national park, is also an excellent location for hiking, bird watching and taking in the sights of rural Africa. The cultural tourism program offers the opportunity for visitors to watch traditional blacksmiths, visit nearby caves and waterfalls as well as experience life in the local chagga tribe. People around Marangu village are very welcoming and we hope you will enjoy your time with them. While in Marangu one can learn more about the chagga culture by visiting a traditional chagga house made of straw roofing. Also the traditional food made by bananas and local brew known as Mbege can be tasted
At the waterfalls, you can even refresh in cool and crystal clean water. Don’t forget to bring your swimwear! Here you will also break for lunch before doing a short tour of Marangu village to see the typical life of local tribe/people.
Day Trip Tour Activities in – Marangu, Kilimanjaro
- You pass through coffee and banana plantation
- Visit local people and enjoy tradition life of Chagga people
- Enjoying the nature of the slopes of mount Kilimanjaro
- Explanation of different flowers
- Visit the waterfalls and enjoy swimming if you like to.
- Hiking up to the boundary of mount Kilimanjaro
- Learn how to make local coffee and drink your own made coffee
- Learn how to make local beer if you like
- Hike to the best view of the snow peak of Mt. Kilimanjaro if not covered by forks of clouds
- Picnic Lunch
- Adventure Walking/Trekking
- Culture Exploration
Tour price includes:
- National Park gate fees
- Transport from Arusha to starting point on mountain and return to Arusha
- Certified, experienced, English-speaking guide
- Packed lunch and bottled drinking water
Tour price excludes:
- A tip for guide
- Airport transfers
- Accommodation and meals in Arusha
- Personal expenses (visas, airport taxes, etc.)
Don’t hesitate please, to contact us for more tour related information!