Overview of The Day Tour Lake Manyara National Park
The Day Tour Lake Manyara National Park will take you to one of the gorgeous parks in Tanzania. Lake Manyara National Park is one of the most interesting landscape spots in Tanzania. The park is geographically located in the west onear Mto wa Mbu, only 120 km from Arusha city.
Introduction to Lake Manyara National Park
Lake Manyara National Park derived its name from a plant called Euphorbia tirucalli, known as Emanyara in Maasai dialect. The Maasai used this plant to cover their bomas (hedge). The park was gazetted as a national park in 1960 and was declared as a Man and Biosphere Reserve in 1981. As you enter the gate, the park is dramatically marked by lush green vegetation consisting of tall tree of the ground water forest which provides home to troops baboons and blue monkeys.
What the Guests Expect to See on the Day Tour Lake Manyara National Park
Further down the forest opens up into woodland and swamps beyond the soda lake. The highlights include thousand of pink-hued flamingos on their perpetual migration, large water birds such as pelicans, cormorants and storks. The evergreen ground water forest natured by fresh water springs is a home of elephants, buffaloes, duikers, baboons, blue monkeys, leopards, and many forest dwelling bird species, large tree species such as cape mahogany, albizia and figs are abundant. The forest is decorated by epiphytes like ferns, moss and lichens. The other wildlife available in the park are hippos, zebras, giraffes, wildebeests, gazelles, warthogs, water bucks, dik-dik, impalas, hyenas, lions, mongooses, black-faced vervet monkeys, squirrels, bush babies, and high diversity of over 400 bird species both migrants and residents.
The Day Tour Itinerary for Lake Manya National Park
Shortly after breakfast, the driver guide will pick you up from your hotel at 6:00am then drive for about 2 hours to Lake Manyara National Park, located 120km west of Arusha. On arrival, you will enter and start enjoying the game drives in the park as soon as the necessary formalities are completed. You’ll proceed on with enjoying the tour here until late afternoon when will be transferred back to our hotel in Arusha for dinner and overnight.
The Day Tour Lake Manyara National Park
Services Included in the tour
- Transport in a 4WD Safari vehicle with a pop-up roof, allowing the proper wildlife viewing and photography. It is also equipped with at least 1 pair of powerful binoculars (suitable even for bird watching), animal and bird field books.
- Activities as specified on the itinerary
- National Park gate fees
- Transport from Arusha to the and a return to your hotel/lodge in Arusha
- A professional and experienced English-speaking driver-guide
- Packed lunch and bottled drinking water
Services Excluded to the tour
- Accommodation in Arusha or elsewhere before and after a tour
- Travelers Medical Insurance
- International flights, telecommunication costs, drinks, and laundry services
- A tip for the driver-guide