Day Tour Lake Manyara National Park
Day tour to Lake Manyara National Park
Lake Manyara National Park derived its name from a plant called Euphorbia tirucalli, known as Emanyara in Maasai dialect. The Maasai used this plant to cover their bomas (hedge). The park was gazetted as a national park in 1960 and was declared as Man and Biosphere Reserve in 1981. As you enter the gate, the park is dramatically marked by lush green vegetation consisting of tall tree of the ground water forest which provides home to troops baboons and blue monkeys.
Further down the forest opens up into woodland and swamps beyond the soda lake. The highlights include thousand of pink-hued flamingos on their perpetual migration, large water birds such as pelicans, cormorants and storks. The evergreen ground water forest natured by fresh water springs is a home of elephants, buffaloes, duikers, baboons, blue monkeys, leopards, and many forest dwelling bird species, large tree species such as cape mahogany, albizia and figs are abundant. The forest is decorated by epiphytes like ferns, moss and lichens. The other wildlife available in the park is including: hippos, zebras, giraffes, wildebeests, gazelles, warthogs, water bucks, dik dik, impalas, hyenas, lions, mongooses, black-faced vervit monkeys, squirrels, bush babies, and high diversity of over 390 bird species both migrants and residents.
The day tour itinerary
Shortly after breakfast, the driver guied will pick you up from your hotel at 6:00am then drive for about 2 hours to Lake Manyara National Park, located 120km west of Arusha. On arrival, you will enter and start enjoying the game drives in the park as soon as the necessary formalities are completed. You’ll proceed on with enjoying the tour here until later afternoon when will be transferred back to our hotel in Arusha for dinner and overnight.
End of The Tour Trip
Tour Cost Includes
• Transport in a 4WD Safari vehicle with a pop-up roof allowing wildlife viewing and photography. It is also equipped with at least 2 pairs of powerful binoculars (suitable even for bird watching), animal and birds field books.
• Park entry fee
• Activities as it specified on the itinerary
• National Park gate fees
• Transport from Arusha to starting point on mountain and return to Arusha
• A professional and experienced English-speaking driver guide
• Packed lunch and bottled drinking water
Tour Cost Excludes
• Accommodation in Arusha or Moshi
• Travelers Medical Insurance
• International flights, telecommunication costs, drinks and laundry services
• A tip for the driver guide